I am a puzzle

With pieces that do not fit,

Pieces that have been lost through time,

They always have uneven edges.

The picture on the box doesn’t match the photo on the puzzle. --metaphor work


Johnny's Quilt

Johnny's Quilt
My Name is on His Quilt

Saturday, March 27, 2010

I Was 10 Then

The trains sped by each other everyday; one going up and one going down.  In the middle there was space...one day a dog got caught there.  He came out after they passed, and ran away.  How does it feel to stand in between the trains, watching them speed by from the inside?  The dog knows.  It's my turn to know.   Walking across one track before the train passed, I waited.  The next train approached; honking violently to warn of it's coming.  Wanting me to move away, it laid on it's horn; but standing firm, it passed. 


In the middle, between two trains, being pulled and blown from my stance; having to brace to avoid a fall.  It was exhilarating!  It was horrifying!  It was the stupidest stunt ever -- but an angel was hanging on for dear life as they finished passing by.  It will ever be a moment in time that defined who I am.

2 comments:

  1. ahhh Connie! I love that you questioned how it would feel and then did it! such curiousity and daring is a wonderful thing in a child! it leads to a well lived life! wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, thanks Kate. Yes, I did lead a life filled with adventure...not sure my mom would agree with the 'wonderful' part of it! haha

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Christian for 30+ years. Currently working toward BS degree. 1 Adult son. Assembly of God member. Diverse background. Love to laugh!