I am a puzzle

With pieces that do not fit,

Pieces that have been lost through time,

They always have uneven edges.

The picture on the box doesn’t match the photo on the puzzle. --metaphor work


Johnny's Quilt

Johnny's Quilt
My Name is on His Quilt

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

buried pain

Buried my sister at 54. 
Her friends were numerous.
She mirrored her mother in her suffering.
Cancer.  Months of pain.  Screwed up family.
Too young in fifties. 

My life was marred by her hurtful actions;
Twenty years passed without comment.
Time had no meaning between us...now
She will no longer be here to ignore.

Crying on my shoulder; sobs of regret that
melted away the years.  Her unspoken remorse
and sorrow -- as she flies away to heaven

It will be a new day when we meet there;
Love Joy Healing  an eternity of starting again. 
I love you my sister and will miss you in spite of all. 

2 comments:

  1. what a poignant piece of poetry Connie. a moving tribute.
    the picture of Maddie is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie that is beautiful and I too have that pain between myself and my sibling. It is regretful but neccesary.... for now.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Christian for 30+ years. Currently working toward BS degree. 1 Adult son. Assembly of God member. Diverse background. Love to laugh!