I am a puzzle

With pieces that do not fit,

Pieces that have been lost through time,

They always have uneven edges.

The picture on the box doesn’t match the photo on the puzzle. --metaphor work


Johnny's Quilt

Johnny's Quilt
My Name is on His Quilt

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Depp Quilt

http://namaste-project.blogspot.com/

Someone in my circle of friends on the Ted Neeley group, turned me on to Johnny Depp several years ago. He was never on my radar and until the first Pirate movie, I don’t believe I’d seen anything else except “Sleepy Hollow”.
How I could have missed his sexiness is beyond me, but now that the discovery was made, I became a super fan once again, joining the ‘overthirtydepp’ group. It was very fun –they know everything about Johnny there and I learned so much.
He’s pretty extraordinary; much like Marlon Brando, whom he admired and patterned his celebrity after. His movies are much more violent and gruesome than I like, and many cannot be viewed more than a time or two. But the ones I like are on the top of my viewing list always. “Benny and Joon” comes to mind. What a sweet character he created for this movie. And all the Pirates movies were sensational!
So it was with no hesitation at all, that when a call came out for fans to autograph quilt squares, I was right on that. You see my square below, but if you would like to see the entire quilt, please feel free to go this link and view the entire piece, along with the letter penned by Johnny thanking us for it.
I will always feel connected to him now that my name is on his quilt.

2 comments:

  1. it's a beautiful quilt Connie! I am a big fan too but my all time favorite JD movie is "Benny and Joon."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Benny & Joon so much! Did he do a great Buster Keaton?

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Christian for 30+ years. Currently working toward BS degree. 1 Adult son. Assembly of God member. Diverse background. Love to laugh!