I am a puzzle

With pieces that do not fit,

Pieces that have been lost through time,

They always have uneven edges.

The picture on the box doesn’t match the photo on the puzzle. --metaphor work


Johnny's Quilt

Johnny's Quilt
My Name is on His Quilt

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Wisdom

It's my mission to attempt to befriend even those with whom I vehemently disagree.  Many of my friends are not of my own beliefs, but we put that aside and find common ground.  Some of my best friends along the way of life have been on the other side of faith and politics and the relationship has been very good. 

Every now and again, though, my friendship with an 'other-sider' becomes tedious for it's differences.  Such is the dilema of a current friend who I adore as a person.  It's not easy to be friends with someone you don't agree with politically because the rhetoric usually rubs you the wrong way.  I dislike the use of character assassination just because you don't agree with someone's politics. Unfortunately, those tactics are too often used to hurt someone who disagrees.

Trying to be wise in my response is the balance I want to maintain.  But wouldn't it be nice if you could just say 'you are a friggin idiot' and be done with it?  Well, that's not how I disagree with someone, so I take a deep breath and smile, knowing I am not behaving that way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Christian for 30+ years. Currently working toward BS degree. 1 Adult son. Assembly of God member. Diverse background. Love to laugh!